Today I thought I would talk about eyebrows.
I only have to either walk around my local town or look on the internet and see people where they
go overboard on the eyebrow pencil/powder
or they over pluck them.
I found this list off Cosmopolitan and loved it, so I thought I would share with you guys! (:
1. Thinking your brows should match: Every expert parrots the mantra: eyebrows are sisters, not twins. They’re right. Don’t try to make them match or you may end up with thinner and thinner spindly brows.
2. Plucking every day: The experts at Blink Brow Bar say you should let your brows grow to their full capacity and then invest in getting a professional to give you a thicker shape and one that you can maintain at home.
3. Plucking before a shower: Always pluck after a hot shower or bath. Heat + moisture = hairs easily slipping out.
4. Misjudging the length: Follow the Blink Brow Bar rule of thumb to get it right: Grow an extra two lines of hair below the shape that you have created and then use a pencil to measure where they should start (bridge of the nose) and where they should end (angle the pencil from the bridge of your nose to the end of your brow).
5. Misplacing your arch: If it’s wrong it can seriously date you. To find where your arch should be, angle the pencil from the bridge of your nose through the iris of your eye.
6. Tweezing above the brow: Brow expert Shavata says that when you tidy your brows at home tweeze only below the arch and never above.
7. Plucking too close to the mirror: If you pluck too close to the mirror you find yourself looking at every hair rather than looking at the overall shape of your eyebrows. This can leave you with thin, and/or uneven brows. Instead use a large mirror and take a couple of steps back so you can see your whole face, not just your brows.
8. Using stencils: Blink Brow Bar say: “Don’t believe the hype about stencils – you are left with an artificial shape and one that doesn’t necessarily suit your face.” Get a professional to give you a perfect shape that you can then maintain at home.
9. Plucking, waxing or threading during your period: At this time of the month our pain threshold can be lower. Give yourself one less chore and wait until the following week.
10. Colouring-in wrong: Whether you get your brows tinted or enhance them yourself with makeup, follow this colour code: If you’re fair, go for a shade darker than your hair. If you’re dark, use the same colour as the lightest part of your hair. No matter what your colourings – never use black.
11. Being heavy-handed with your brow makeup: Less is more. Makeup artist Pat McGrath MBE says “use a very sharp pencil and ‘feather’ on individual brows if yours are sparse”. Shavata confirms “eyebrows aren’t there to be complemented” – they shouldn’t stand out but effortlessly frame your face.
Once again, that list was from Cosmopolitan and wasn’t my work.
These are prime examples of people who have decided ‘oh it’s a good idea to shave my eyebrows off and draw them on’
I mean, I don’t know about you guys, but I wouldn’t want to look like this!
Don’t over pluck/shave your eyebrows off!
I found these images on Pinterest.
These are examples of people who can’t figure out the right shape their eyebrows are meant to be!
If you don’t really know what eyebrow shape that you suit follow this guide below that
I found on Pinterest.
I could go on and on about eyebrows, but this has turned into a long post!
Love and hugs